NXRS 2026 was a great success, despite the forecasted weather, we had a great turnout, and some times of supreme weather for those patient to make the most of.
There were many flights flown for each contest, however I did not receive the final apogee stats for many, and I know that some of those which I am missing the apogee stat for were quite successful flights.
Winner- Brett Phillips - Stretch Goblin - Average rating: 6.52 Brett wins the Limited-edition Estes Saturn V kit - donated by Gary Lech
Tom Lentz - Flogiston - Average rating: 6.26
Corina Abbey - To Infinity and Beyond - Average rating: 6.25
John Halliwill - Meganisoptera - Average rating: 5.61
Erik & Zander McKee - Kevin - Average rating: 5.61
Ethan Halliwill - Falcon - Average rating: 5.52
Most Beautiful Rocket
Junior Division:
Winner: Harper Ray - Epic Two - average rating 6.48
Harper wins $50 credit at Flight Line Rocket Shop
Liam Belcher - Lil Spite - Average rating: 6.35
Harper Ray - Luna Dart - Average rating: 5.96
Harper Ray - Big Bertha - Average rating: 5.96
Ellie de Boer - Der Pink Max - Average rating: 5.70
Jordan Hoberg - Goblin / Thug - Average rating: 5.57
It appears to me that some of the scores may have been entered by people scoring where a low rating = high score, and others scoring high rating = high score. I don't know what to do with some of you. :)
Mucho Motor
<Still TBD... being tallied....>
Flying a total of ___ Motors during NXRS 2026
___________ wins a $50 store credit at Flight Line Rocket Shop
I don't know the stats of other entrants, but I do know -
The winners are Erik and Zander McKee, who launched, recovered, and completed eating the beans in 22 minutes, winning the illustrious trophy.
I will work with Chris Abbey the OROC Secretary to get the addresses to send the prizes out to the winners in the coming days. See you all on the OROC Members meeting Thursday night! Kelsey BlackOROC Promotions Director